Home | Municipal Swimming Pool
All Pool Party reservations will be taken beginning May 30 from 1:00 – 5:30pm by calling the pool office @ 223-8142 or in person.
Opening Day……………………………Memorial Day
2 years old and under FREE
3-14 years old $2
15-62 years old $3
63 years & up $2
Single Person Season Pass $65
Family Season Pass $150
Pool party $100 per hour
Only four family members in the same household allowed on a family pass. $25 charge for each additional family member.
Municipal Pool Hours
Monday – Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sundays 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Call the Pool @ 223-8142 during work hours
FORT SCOTT "HURRICANES SWIM TEAM
Home Swim Schedule: June 7th, June 14th & July 5th (Pool will close at 4 p.m. on these days.)
SWIM LESSON INFORMATION
Swim Level Information
Seven different skill levels outline the program, and children should be enrolled in the most appropriate level according to their current ability. Testing will be done on the first day of lessons to ensure that each child is placed in the correct class.
Session 1 June 19 - 30
Session 2 July 10 - 21
Session 3 July 24 - Aug. 4
Swimming Enrollment form will have times for each session.
Pre-Swim & Swim levels 1 through 7 will be offered at the following times for all 3 sessions:
Session 1 10:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Session 2 10:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Session 3 10:00 & 11:00 a.m.
Enrollment is made on a first-come, first-served basis. Late registration will only be accepted if space is still available within each session.
Level 1 Water Exploration
- fully submerge face
- bob to chin level 10 times
- blow bubbles
- float with support, front and back
- kick with support, front and back
- walk five yards at chest depth
- enter and exit water independently
Level 2 Primary Skills
- submerge and retrieve objects at chest depth
- hold breath and fully submerge head for 3 seconds
- supine and prove float or glide for 5 seconds
- bob 10 times
- flutter kick, front and back
- turn over, front and back
- back crawl arm action
Level 3 Stroke Readiness
- retrieve objects with eyes open
- bob, submerging head, 15 times
- jump into deep water from pool side
- dive in kneeling and compact position
- tread water
- reverse direction while swimming on front and back
Level 4 Stroke Development
- bob in deep water
- dive from pool side in standing and stride position
- perform elementary back stroke
- crawl front and back 50 yards
- perform breast stroke
- perform side stroke
Level 5 Stroke Refinement
- perform alternate breathing
- enter with side jump
- dive standing from board
- perform long shallow dive
- swim under water
- perform breast and side stroke for 10 yards
display front and back crawls for 50 yards
Level 6 Skill Proficiency
- approach and hurdle on diving board
- jump in tucked position from diving board
- crawl front and back for 100 yards
- perform breast and side strokes for 25 yards
- display butterfly for 10 yards
- surface dive in tuck and pike position
perform speed turn and pull out for breast stroke
Level 7 Conditioning Level
- learn to take heart rate
- improve on all skills from level 6
Help your little one to become familiar and comfortable with the water. You participate in this class with your child. An orientation meeting for parents is required and is scheduled for July 6, at 6:00 p.m. at BRCC. This is a Red Cross program with a fee of $15 per child. There must be ten registrants in order to hold class.
The session runs from July 10 - July 21. Children from 6 to 23 months will meet from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m., and those aged 2 to 3 years from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m.
“Water Boot Camp”
This low impact workout will range from shallow to deep water. Using intervals of high and low intensity, equipment and water for resistance, we will focus on strengthening, toning and getting your heart rate up. Exercises can be adapted to fit your personal goals and abilities.
Dates………….…….June 20th - August 1st
Location…………….Fort Scott Municipal Pool
Days………………...Tuesdays & Thursdays
Time……………..…..6:15 – 7:00 p.m.
Cost……………..…..$20 for (6 Week) session (No Class on July 4th)